Thursday, September 6, 2007

That Day in September articles

Two articles appeared today. The funny thing is they contradict each other.

It didn't take long for Matt Falduto to decide to stage "That Day in September." is the first line of the PC story.

It took some time for Falduto... to sign on to produce September... says the DI story.

So which is it?

What I told each reporter is that I wasn't sure we wanted to do a show about September 11, but then I read the script and decided it was something we had to do. Which just goes to show reporters can interpet what you say any way they want.

I also never said Van Why didn't want to be in our creative space, which was great as the DI reporter wrote. I don't think I've ever used the term "creative space". Next time a tape recorder would be a good idea, I think.

Still, I really don't mean to complain. It's a well written article. Both are, in fact.

So come see the show!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it's both. The DI reporter seems to have focused on the "wasn't sure we wanted.." part of the sentence, and the PC reporter focused on the "...something we had to do." part of the sentence. So they're both not entirely accurate and not entirely inaccurate. But the PC reporter seems to have gotten closer to what you were actually trying to say.

Let us know how it turns out. Wish I could come see it.

Nelle said...

Please tell me I said, "I want it never to have happened, but it did".

Both pretty good articles. It was strange reading them, one after the other and seeing there take on what you said.

Still, good free advertising.
See ya tonight, LATE
I mean at 8:30. Augh!!