Friday, December 21, 2007

So how did I do?

It's that time of the year again. Time to reflect about 2007 and think about 2008. I could wait til after Christmas to do this, but with my sporadic blogging these days, if I put it off, it might not get done til February!

So last year, I decided on the following resolutions:

1) Run a mile or more three times a week over my lunch hour at the Rec Center at work. It looks like my metabolism is finally slowing down as I've put on weight and even have a stomach for the first time in my life. I need to work on that.

2) Be the best Financial Aid Advisor I can be.

3) Complete a new play.

4) Forge a tighter bond with Sammi.

5) Take the 50 book challenge.


I am pleased with my work as a financial aid advisor. Beyond doing a good job helping students figure out how to pay for school, I've also implemented improvements in the way the office works, making us more efficient. (Of course, I haven't done that all on my own. We have a great team.)

I completed two plays, one of which is being produced by Rage Theatrics as part of their Hero Stories event. So I am happy with that.

I feel better about my relationship with Sammi. We've definitely grown tighter over the past year.

I took the 50 book challenge. Fortunately, I didn't write "complete" the 50 book challenge, as I don't think I've actually read 50 books last year. But I took it! Yep. Hrm.

Unfortunately, I did not complete the first resolution on my list. I haven't been running with any regularity and I have jeans I literally cannot zip up anymore. This has not happened to me since I was probably 15. So that one's a no go.

But overall, I do feel good about 2007. I accomplished a lot. I adapted and directed a play about 9/11 and I am very proud of my work on that project. I continue to have a wonderful relationship with my wife. Together Sharon and I raised three beautiful girls, ushering them through milestones like reading and gaining confidence in themselves and army crawling.

And of course, Piper was born which makes 2007 one of my three favorite years.

So what do I want to do in 2008? I'll have to think about that and hopefully get back to this blog before February with some answers.

No comments: