Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

We carved our pumpkin last night.

Sharon and the girls did the gut cleaning out.

(No, we didn't adopt a 12 year old. She's just over a lot.)

Sammi has had two costumes this year. One is a pumpkin.

We had a halloween party last Sunday. Rachel and Sammi were 50s girls with poodle skirts. Piper is a tiger. We also had Cleopatra, a lamb and a clown. (And two twelve year olds. I tell you, Coralville's crawling with them.)

The malformed faced pumpkin.

I scared both of my big girls with this mask. Piper just laughed at me.

I love Halloween. It's a great holiday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your pumpkin. very cool, quirky, and fun.

it looks like a young child is growing out of Sharon's shoulder in that one picture. now that would be a good costume.

Matt said...

that would be a good costume. I think the hard part would be getting the child in question to cooperate...

Anonymous said...

I thought you said "the girls" helped clean out the pumpkin guts: where is Piper in that picture? One-year-olds cleaning out pumpkin guts is good times.

Also, every time I see a recent picture of Piper, I am struck by how much she looks like Nora at that age.

Anonymous said...

I think you've finally hit the age where you actually look better with the goatee.

Beyond that, I've got nothing.

Matt said...

Well, okay, Piper did not clean out any guts. I don't think Sammi did all that much either, actually. Maybe a little bit.

As for anonymous goatee opinion person, I am not sure if that's a compliment or not...

Anonymous said...

It was a compliment.

Educational Blogging said...

Cute pics! I love Halloween too!