Tuesday, November 4, 2008

President Barack Obama

I was struck by many of the words he spoke tonight, but one moment in particular stood out. He said that this election in and of itself is not the change we have been seeking. It is the opportunity to make that change. He called on all of us to work and to sacrifice to make our country better.

This man is a true leader, who understands how to bring people together, when to stand strong and when to inject a little humility, and most of all how to inspire.

I am happy for all Americans tonight, but I am personally so happy for my girls, who will grow up in a country lead by a man of character and intelligence and resolve.

Finally, did you watch John McCain's concession speech? He showed class and honor and took the opportunity to bring this country together.

I am so proud to be an American.

No comments: