Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snow day... eventually...

I'm home with the girls today because the snowstorm has closed the schools. However, my work didn't close until after Sharon had taken Rachel to work and I had taken Sammi to daycare. So I had to drive to Sharon's work and then home again before our snow day could officially get underway. If my work had followed the path of most every other educational institution in the area and canceled in the morning, I wouldn't have had to subject myself and my girls to the hazardous driving conditions. On the way to work, I saw a four car accident that must have happened shortly before I got there. Not ten minutes later a truck in front of me skidded, lost control, slammed into the concrete median and then nearly slammed into me. I would have been a lot happier staying home. Fortunately we did make it home got a little bit of snow play in before lunch. It was too cold to stay out too long.

The only real fun part of our crazy morning was our upcoming TV appearance. I was interviewed by KGAN TV for a new story about what parents do with their kids when there's a snow day. The kids and I were also filmed playing in the snow. So check out Channel 2 news at 6 pm to see us.

And now it's time to take it easy and play!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If my work had followed the path of most every other educational institution in the area and canceled in the morning....

well, except UI of course. cancel classes? whatever! =D it wouldn't matter anyway, though, since even if class is cancelled, the offices are still open. although if my vanpool driver had opted out of work this morning, I would have stayed home.

Matt said...

Oh, I don't count the UI. They never close. Even at 50 degrees below zero.